Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vacation, Stress and Freedom.

A vacation can cause a lot of stress. You think about where you might want to go. You check out the
planes, trains and automobiles, hotels, motels and attractions related to your target dream site. Then financial realities must be taken into account.

For me it comes down to looking for a quiet place where I can read, pray and walk. Well, what did you expect for a guy at this stage of my life?

Beyond that, I think of what the root of the word vacation denotes: "Vacat" means you're free  --
free of regular duties, free of seeing regular people, free of regular daily routine.  The English word "vacate" gets to the essence of vacationing: You must leave, go away, get out.

By the way, my friends and family get a reprieve from me, too.  I believe that "absence does make the heart grow fonder." That, of course, works both ways.  I'll be happy to see you again.

When I come back from my vacation (I leave tomorrow.) I hope my empty mind will be filled with some new ideas. I hope my prayer life, too, will be refreshed. 

Where ever I go I expect a loving God will find me and I will find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment